27 February 2011

Netted Bezel Earrings Series



I was playing with my beads last week, and decided to try an idea I have been thinking about for a while. I still had a few of the beads from a gorgeous strand of undyed azurite ovals I bought at The Bead Shop in Hailey, Idaho when I was living there. I used a number of those beads to make into rings with netted bezels, and thought that netted bezel earrings would be a nice design, too.

The first pair I made I used the azurite beads and wrapped a fringe of sky blue kyanite briolettes along the bottom of each earring. They were gorgeous, and I couldn't give them up, so I decided to make a few more variations of the design (to justify to myself my keeping the first pair).



For pair number two, I used some azurite beads in the bezel, but this time, I wrapped shaded pink tourmaline briolettes along the bottoms, and tiny rose quartz beads around the edge of the bezel.



Pair number three was made with a luscious pair of pale green jade ovals, garnished with peridot. They made me think of key lime pie, and frosty summer drinks.



For the fourth pair, I set large faceted nuggets of deep purple amethyst in the netted silver bezels, then hung drops of shimmering moonstone briolettes which flashed the most beautiful blue!



After all of these, I still wanted to play more with this design, but I was using up my stash of briolettes. I chose to make the last pair a little smaller, and so I set denim blue squares of kyanite on point in the netted bezels, and hung a single moonstone briolette from the bottoms.




I am sure I will come back to this design again!
Thanks for stopping in!
~Pippi

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Totally gorgeous Pippi!!!
I an understand why you'd want to keep them for yourself...LOL
I love all the subsequent designs too.

Audrey
aka AudreyGardenLady