01 May 2010

Etsy Treasury!

It is always fun to see the beautiful treasuries people create on Etsy.



I have only made one myself, but have had a number of my pieces featured in treasuries. Here is the latest one, called Iolite + Tanzanite = Prettyite, which features a fun ring I made a while back, called Moon Flower.



I made this ring while living in Hailey, Idaho. It was inspired by the fluorite bead I used for the center, and a ring by Eni Oken where she used a similar technique to mount the bead. The center bud is the fat rondel of purple striped flourite with a spiraling stamen of silver wire. I wrapped petals of faceted iolite marquise briolettes along one side, and a sweep of faceted pink tourmalines on the other to cradle the center stone, and finished it with a tiny bud of peridot to one side, like a promise of blooms to come.



A big thank you to Suzanne of PynkRoseDesigns on Etsy for including me in this beautiful treasury. Pop in soon, and take a look! The treasuries only last for a couple of days, before they expire. I saved a screen shot of the treasury, so if you miss it on Etsy, you can still look at it here (you just can't click on any of the items to see more details on them).

Cheers!
~Pippi

7 comments:

Swati said...

Its a gorgeous ring Pippi!

pippijewelry said...

Thanks, Swati! :D
It is one of my favorites of the rings I have made. This is another one that amazed me after I finished it:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/16218995/twelve-rays-ring-black-star-sapphire

Heavy earring said...

THIS design is beautiful i ever seen.Net design with magnificent work is giving traditional touch.these heavy earring will give pretty look.and red beat is increasing attractive star in this design....

Shay Stone said...

Great piece and treasury!

Len♥reNeverM♥re said...

Lovely!
I adore your seahorse design...such a magical creature!
Lovely weekend!

sassyglassdesigns said...

Beautiful ring.

Carassia said...

I love this ring - the colors are just my cup of tea, and you did a wonderful job on the setting!
Jutta