17 February 2009

Good News from the Etsy Wire Artisans Guild.....


Hi everyone!

When I logged in to my Etsy shop this morning, I was greeted with a message from the Wire Artisans Guild that I had been accepted as a member! They only vote in 10 members at a time, twice yearly, and have certain criteria that each member must meet. There were almost 40 applicants this time, for what was planned as 10 new positions on the team. (They ended up adding 13 new members, as the 10th place position ended up being a 4-way tie.)

This Etsy street team aims to educate buyers on the intricate and labour-intensive work that goes into the making of each piece (and the consequent pricing), the skills and techniques involved and the uniqueness of every wire-wrapped design making it a collectible OOAK couture piece. I am honored to be included in this group of talented wire artists!

Our guild is being featured on blockheadradiolive.com
1pm (eastern time), Saturday, 21 February, 2009

you can also find out more about the guild at:
wireartisansguild.blogspot.com

Cheers!
~Pippi

1 comment:

Shay said...

Congratulations Pippi!!!
That must feel very good. You definitely deserve it! I hope to be there along with you some day when I can get myself together and going on Etsy. I'm working on it:) Great work!