30 December 2008

Pippi's infamous Chocolate Chunk cookies


I baked up a batch of cookies this morning, and posted a comment on my Facebook page. Soon, I had over 12 comments from my friends asking me to send them some, save them some, make more, etc. My husband is a cookie monster, and so I end up baking cookies a lot. His favorites (and mine) are my chocolate chunk cookies. I adapted a couple of recipes to come up with a cookie I never get tired of eating, and so many of my friends have asked for the recipe, I thought I'd share it with all of you, as well. I always try to use organic ingredients in my cooking, not only to lighten my carbon foot print, but because I think organic foods taste better, and I know they are better for me. (I worked for 13 years for an organic farm in Oregon, too.)

So, here is my recipe. If you try it, let me know how they turned out!


PIPPI'S CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, cream together thoroughly:

1 c. softened organic butter (salted)
3/4 - 1 c. organic cane sugar (to taste - I usually use 3/4 unless the chocolate is unsweetened)

Mix in:

1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs


Sift together and add to the butter/sugar/egg mixture, mixing thoroughly:

2 c. flour (I use 1c. OG whole wheat pastry flour and 1 c. OG unbleached white flour)
1-1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (optional)

After the dough is mixed, add the following ingredients, one at a time, mixing well after each addition:

1 c. OG oats
1 c. finely chopped pecans
4.5 - 5 oz. (1/2 bar) of finely chopped Scharffenberger bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate

Spoon the dough onto greased cookie sheets (I grease mine with a little bit of OG olive oil) and bake for 12-15 minutes. Makes 24-30 cookies

1 comment:

Designed for Time said...

Can you send about 10 dozen? Can supply you with an address :)
Lloyd