27 November 2008

Seahorse Rings!



A few days ago, I woke from the most vivid dream! In it, I was making a wire wrapped seahorse ring. I knew I would have to try my hand at making one, but I can never stop at just one, especially when it comes to my seahorses! I've already made four so far, and the others are lining up just inside my head, waiting to swim out! These tiny seahorses are constructed like my other seahorses (they are 3 -dimensional), but in miniature. They measure a scant 1 inch, and their tails wrapped around the shank of the ring, just like real seahorses wrap their tails around plants so they don't float away. And it is so fun to look down and see them on your hand. :D



More where these came from!
~Pippi

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love the story behind why you started making seahorses! And these little seahorse rings are fantastic!!